Saturday, December 9, 2006

Sunset

"If your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset." Krishnamurti

One of the things I have been working on in my life is to not worry about things that I can do nothing about. There is enough to be concerned with that I can affect.

What are some of the things I am shrugging off? Number one has to be the computer conversion fiasco at work. I had nothing to do with this supposed great update and the piece meal way we are being shown how to use the system. It doesn't really work and I hear enough complaints from my two coworkers that I really don't need to comment. I can't do anything about it so I'll just take the paycheck and go on with my life.

Another thing I'm doing is reworking how I relate to my mother. I can't force her to retire although I can urge her to take better care of herself. Nagging mom just doesn't work. My new strategy is to wait until she brings retirement up and agree with her that she should do that. Of course letting her know that Pixie needs her at home does help. Hey I said I was rethinking I didn't say I wasn't plotting.

One of the main things I can affect is my health. I am trying to be more aware of taking my medicine when I am supposed to in order to keep the asthma under control. Winter is actually my best season asthma wise because there is a shortage of pollen to kick the allergies up.

I am going to spend the weekend working on Christmas things so that I don't have the last minute stuff to worry about this year. I have the calendar and the cards designed and can sit down at the computer and print them off. Tomorrow I plan to go shopping at one of the bigger malls out of town and try and get the rest of the shopping stuff done. In between I'm going to make a big pot of chili because it is the perfect weather for it.

The picture is called Fiery Sunset.

No comments: