Friday, December 1, 2006

Heading for a Storm

We have our first winter storm upon us. Not sure how much snow we are expecting here in central Indiana. I doubt as much in the picture which is a rework of Chicago Winter Dreams. It is one of the pictures I wasn't totally satisfied with and used new tools at my disposal to redo.

It is "AIDS Awareness Day" and hopefully people will listen and try and do something to stop the epidemic. I hope God opens the minds of those going to the big conference in the San Francisco Bay Area so that those complaining about Barak Obama being there will shut their mouths and not their hearts and listen to what he has to say about AIDS in Africa and how we need to help. People are dying and that is more important then anything else today.

I am also more then a little concerned about Newt Gingrich spouting off again about wanting to curb Freedom of Speech. Didn't that clown disappear after a political scandal? What makes this country unique is our Bill of Rights that gives us freedom from tyranny. Once you start chipping away at that then you destroy what makes us great. I am tired of this specter of "terrorists" being used to take away my freedoms. How Mr. Gingrich thinks he can stop the Internet is beyond me.  Common sense would tell you that if you curb speech you aren't going to be able to hear if someone is plotting "terrorism."

I am glad the weekend is here. My science fiction shows are on again tonight and I can kick back and relax. This weekend I will be working on Christmas presents for family and friends. I have one more month to design and the calendar is done. I'll get the card designed this weekend and start on the printing of those. Other then that it is the same old wait up until mother gets home from work and fret because she has to work this weekend in this horrible weather. I can hardly wait until she retires at the first of the year.

No comments: