Saturday, November 25, 2006

Celebrate Life

We are going up to see Mom's sister today. Her family is throwing her a big party to celebrate her 90th birthday which is this coming Wednesday. My Aunt's nickname is Bird and she is an astonishing woman. She won an award a few years ago honoring her for the many, many hours she puts in volunteering for various causes. At 90 she is still the cornerstone of her churches volunteers.

I really like visiting her house because there is so much love there that is wraps you in a warm cocoon of happiness. She always has children, grandchildren and great grandchildren there. Her little house is the Grand Central Station for the family.

Aunt Bird is mother's only remaining sibling and they talk at least twice a week for a couple of hours. These conversations always leave mother in a happy frame of mind.

So happy birthday Aunt Bird. If I had to choose someone to be my Aunt you would be at the top of the list. The picture is called "The Garden" and I created it especially for her to honor her on her 90th birthday. I have it printed and in a blue stained glass frame to give her as a gift.

No comments: