Friday, November 10, 2006

A New Day

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking." Buddhist proverb

Pixie has found a piece of cardboard to play with so at least she isn't helping me type. I got a good night's sleep and am feeling quite cheerful this morning.

My email this morning brought one from another artist from Match.com who doesn't live too far away. It looks like we have quite a bit on common so we shall see what this may bring.

I've been reminded lately of the saying "it is hard to fly with eagles when you work with turkeys." It doesn't always mean your work place because you work with turkeys in real life to. You encounter them on the net in newsgroups, you encounter them on the street, in places where people congregate, in churches and schools. Their are turkeys in all walks of life.

Well I have decided that in my life I'm done with turkeys. After all Thanksgiving is coming up and we all know what happens to turkeys then. As a result I'll not be going back to a newsgroup that I should have given up on a long time ago. A curmudgeon and a second rate cartoonist have taken over and they are welcome to it. Neither one really understands the concepts that Patrick McGoohan was trying to get across in his classic show "The Prisoner." It is nothing but an ego trip for both of them. The free exchange of ideas is not what they want. They can not grasp that there could be more esoteric meanings to the show that are interesting to explore. I have watched over the years where new people who want to discuss different aspects of the show are ridiculed and put down. I'm sure someday soon a forum will arise where people who want to explore all aspects of the show will be free to do so without fear of being put down by egotistical smart mouths.

In the meantime my life is full. My Mom is frail but hanging in there. She is my number one priority in life. We are getting ready to celebrate her sister's birthday at the end of the month and I have a beautiful picture for her beloved "Bird." The calendar is coming along and the picture for the Christmas card is designed. I have discovered a colony of artists that have welcomed me. We are all digital artists and share what we have discovered in our new art field. I have started a correspondence witha fellow artist not too far from me and we shall see what that may bring. Life is good.

 

No comments: