Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Responsibility

We are taking Pixie in today to get her spade. As a pet owner I take the responsibility to make sure my pets are well cared for. There are so many cats and dogs running around that are in danger of being killed because their owners shirk their responsibility towards them. Owners will let their pets run free or even worse just dump them if they no longer want them. There are too many cats and dogs and the animal shelters are full. They can not find homes for the animals they have and many beautiful animals are killed because the shelters just can't afford to keep them.

Pets rely on their humans for their basic needs. We owe it to them to feed them, get them their shots, get them spade or neutered, and keep them safe. A cat does not need to roam or procreate. A cat makes a wonderful pet when kept indoors. I have had cats most of my life and I have always made sure that when they are old enough they are either spayed or neutered. All of my cats have led happy lives. They have been loved and spoiled rotten.

I was playing around on the computer last night and realized I hadn't done a space picture in a while. I am calling this one "Solar Flare."

 

No comments: