Sunday, November 12, 2006

Smiles

A smile is a frown turned upside down. Remember hearing that as a child? You don't see too many smiles these days. The world is a scary place to be with terrorists, wars that seem to have no end, companies going out of business and taking people's livelihood and future security with them. It is not a happy place to be right now.

There are still things that can and should bring a smile to a person's face. Last night I was giving Pixie a little piece of turkey when Mom came in and asked "Are you spoiling my kitten?" I had to smile because we all know it is her kitten but she always says that Pixie is mine and who do you think got the kitten hooked on turkey? ;-)

Nature brings a smile to my face also. I took a lot of pictures with my new digital camera on my walks in the evening when the weather was so beautiful. The fall colors are so extraordinary out here in the Midwest. All that beauty can't help but make you feel good.

Helping others makes me feel good. Mom hates to shop and I am taking off in a couple of minutes to go to the store for her. I was born to shop so I don't mind at all. She also likes it when I go to church with her since she hates going by herself so I will be home in time to do that.

Children can bring a smile to your face also. The youngest great grandchild was talking to Mom about shopping and Mom told him she really didn't like to shop. "Not even for toys, Grandmother?" he asked in surprise. It still makes me giggle to think of that.

So find something to smile about today. Watch your football team play unless you are a Raiders fan and then today would be a good day to rake those leaves.

No comments: