Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Finally!

"The strength of a nation is derived from the integrity of its homes." Confucius

Finally it is election day and we will be rid of the political ads. As they joke in Chicago vote, vote often, and don't worry if you are dead vote any way. ;-) We will know tomorrow morning if there is any change in the way things work in the United States.

I have started on the long talked about calendar and have January done. I decided to go with "Call of the Wild" for the January picture. The choosing of the picture seems to be the hardest part for me. With the exception of the December picture it is going through all the art I did the year before and trying to decide which eleven pictures I want on the calendar. The December picture is always the Christmas card picture from the previous year.

I have a lot to accomplish in the next couple of months but seem more inclined to want to curl up and read instead. Somehow I really do need to get myself motivated to accomplish the things that need to be done. Starting on the calendar is a big step since a half a dozen gifts are the calendar each year.

Today I am just glad that the elections will finally be over as of tonight. I really hope some good candidates win and that we will see the government taking care of those who need their help the most. We need to take care of the elderly, the poor, the children. The rich can look after themselves. The purpose of government is to take care of those in need not those who live in greed.

 

No comments: