Wednesday, November 8, 2006

We Now Resume

"Before you speak, ask yourself: is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?" Shirdi Sai Baba

Okay the elections are finally over and the politicians can continue ignoring today's quote. It is a shame that some bloggers and people on the web can't understand the importance of being kind. I know I have slipped a few times myself when I've been under a lot of stress and I've regretted my actions later.

I think one of the most misunderstood concepts is "tough love." Some people think that it is a license to be cruel. Tough love means setting boundaries, forcing a person to confront their own destructive behavior and giving them the tools necessary to change. Cruelty has nothing to do with it. Cruelty is cruelty and has no place in the concept of love.

No comments: