Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Saved By The Bell

I keep listening for the jingle bell that indicates Pixie is up and around. Usually at this time she is on  my lap untying bows, pulling on necklaces, stepping on the keyboard, etc. Of course this morning she is still at the Vet's office recuperating from yesterday's surgery. She was so scared and shaking when we left her there yesterday morning and I kept expecting Mom to snatch her up and say "no I'll take my baby home with me." The Assistant could tell Mom was really upset and worried about the kitten and she had the Vet call Mom after everything was over to assure her that Pixie came through just fine. We may be able to pick her up today. Usually they keep them two days but if she continues to do well Mom can get her today.

It is amazing how six little pounds can capture so many hearts. What makes Pixie so special is her affection. Mom is her favorite and she will crawl onto her lap every chance she gets. She is especially sensitive to those times when Mom's heart is acting up and she will be resting in Dad's chair. Pixie always curls up on her lap and often times will reach up and pat her on the face as if to say "there, there everything will be just fine, you rest and I'll take care of you."

Like any other child Pixie has her toys scattered all over the house. She is a little live wire and will race and jump and twist and spin and bounce high into the air. Mom and I keep trying to get her to give us some of her energy. I miss the little scamp and sure hope she can come home today. Even Merlin misses her and is drooping around because his favorite "entertainment" isn't on.

Ah yes love it comes in many shapes and sizes and species.

No comments: