Friday, April 27, 2007

Happiness

"Happiness that is delightfully varied, though its essence is changeless, is the inner experience everyone is seeking." Paramahansa Yogananda

There are a lot of things in life that make me happy. Helping others makes me happy. Talking to my Mom makes me happy. More then one person has called me "Sunshine" because generally I am an upbeat person and try not to make others depressed when I'm upset. I don't always succeed but generally I'm upbeat.

One of my favorite cartoon characters is Marvin the Martian. Hey it makes sense to me that he wants to blow up the Earth because it obstructs his view of Venus. ;-) There is just something about the character that tickles my funny bone. If I'm feeling down I pop in a tape of Marvin and sit back and laugh.

I also laughed a lot when watching Monty Python or the late Dave Allen. Both were on my PBS station and both cracked me up. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean.

At home our crack up comedian is Pixie. When she goes on a "chase the tail" routine it leaves us helpless with laughter. She will run one way and then the other in a circle to catch that elusive tail. She jumps and twirls and finally will catch that tail with both paws and give it a lick or two and then she is off again. The only critter who doesn't think she is funny is poor Merlin but then she terrorizes him. The poor baby can't seem to catch a nap any time he wants because she wants to play. The little whipper snapper has no respect for the elderly.

I get a lot of happiness from creating whether it is art, poetry, writing, sewing, recipes, crafts, or whatever. I love using my God given talents to make something new. Others love it when I share what I have created and I get a lot of happiness knowing that others love my work.

This weekend we will be going up to see my Mom's sister. She is such a happy person and I love visiting her. I am printing off some of the best of my nature pictures for her because she loves flowers. Of course I will have to include some pictures of Pixie since Mom has told her so much about her baby.

I enjoy games where you have to think such as Myst or 7th Guest. One of my favorite games is MahJongg or Shanghai as it is sometimes known. I'll be playing it on my pocket PC on the way to my Aunt's on Sunday.

I hope you have much happiness today.

The real counter is 5012.

No comments: