Saturday, April 28, 2007

Satisfied Saturday

"Always act according to the highest moral standards, both in private and in public." The Upanshads

They are apparently making big changes at work in my department. I'm going to be doing special projects permanently now. I sure prefer to crunch the numbers to trying to bug people into paying their bills. I'm just not pushy enough to be a collector. Investigating billing problems and stuff like that hey I have my Sherlock Holmes cap on order.

It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend for a change however thunder storms are scheduled for the middle of next week. Hey this is the Midwest and we are into thunderstorm and tornado season. Mother Nature does like to show us who is boss out here.

It will probably be a vegetative weekend for me. I'm really not motivated to do a whole lot. Mom has the weekend off and I'm planning on hanging with her most of the weekend. She didn't get home until almost 12:30 this morning from her job. I need to get Pixie to step up the "I'm cute and I need you home" bit so I can get Mom to retire. She doesn't need the stress that the job causes her.

Being a science and astronomy buff I was fascinated with the articles about the discovery of a planet that could support life that came out this week. I am one of those people who are certain that there is life on other planets. It will be most interesting to see if they have managed to overcome the nature that wants to destroy rather then to protect. Sometimes I really despair of mankind learning to be peaceful but then something will happen that shows that we do have the ability to nurture.

For some reason the song with the lyrics "over the fields and through the woods to grandmother's house we go" was running through my head last night. The result was this picture called Over the Fields. Before you get all Little Red Riding Hood on me I could of just been thinking about the new world and maybe wolves are the dominant species there. Probably not though. ;-)

The real counter is 5025.

No comments: