Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

"The world in general ... is changing for the better. In recent times there is definitely a greater awareness and appreciation for peace, nonviolence, democracy, justice, and environmental protection. The recent unprecedented response from governments and individuals across the world to the tsunami disaster victims reaffirms that the world is truly interdependent and the importance of universal responsibility." Dalai Lama

Today is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad. Happy Easter everyone. Today is the day that we rejoice in the resurrection of our Lord and his triumph over death. It is the holiest day of the liturgical calendar. It is the day of a new beginning.

Today you will see new clothes and flowers galore as we celebrate our new life and new beginning. It is a day to ignore the fact that there are snow flurries. Sigh. Mother Nature will you get with the program!

If you were given a second chance in life what would you do differently? It is something that I have thought about and I'm not really sure what I would have done differently. I think if I had followed my heart that I would probably have gone to New York after college to try my luck in theater since that was my major and I really loved it.

How will my life change in the future? My dinner companion asked last night what I will do after my mother passes away. I am torn two ways. Part of me wants to go back to the Chicago area which I really love. Part of me wants to go down and join the arts community in North Carolina and be near my niece, who is like a daughter to me, and her children. I guess one of the defining factors will be if I can get an agent and the books sold or where I can find a gallery to show my art work. Then there is of course the language problem. With Chicago can I do "da bears", "da Cubs". Yep I can handle that. Now the toughie can I pronounce Chicago with all three vowels sounding the same? Nope. Still can't figure out how they do that. Can I make "you all" come out "y'all". Yes I can do that however mushing the rest of the words together is a little tougher for a drama/speech major. Challenges no matter what I choose.

Life and the future is a challenge isn't it? The picture is called He Has Risen.

The real counter is 4858.

No comments: