Saturday, April 7, 2007

Scrambling Through Saturday

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course." Lao-Tzu

An interesting quote, very Eastern in philosophy. I have a tendency to be more Western in outlook and like to make things happen. Today is going to be busy!

My first stop today is my storage shed and see what might be missing. They called yesterday and spoke to my Mom and said eight sheds had been broken into but they didn't think anything had been taken. Grrr! For $60.00 a month I expect better security then that. They raised the price but still don't have any security it looks like. Fortunately I have insurance but I sure hope my things are okay.

Next stop is to get my hair cut. This comes at a good time since I am going out to dinner tonight with someone I've been talking to at Match.com. I have another gentlemen that wants to correspond from there also. Nothing ventured nothing gained. It will get me out of the house.

Then comes the zoo otherwise known as Wal-Mart on a Saturday right before a holiday. It is bad normally but it will be nutso today. I need to do my and my Mom's shopping and with Mom's I'll be hitting three stores to get what she wants. All and all a busy day.

I should probably work on updating my web site this afternoon. I have done about a dozen new pictures and should get them and the new photographs up there. In spite of the snow flurries it is Spring and I do have some Spring pictures to put up.

Today is Holy Saturday in the liturgical year. There is no Mass today instead there are reflections on Christ's death and waiting for the resurrection. It is a day for meditation and the realization of how much God loves us.

As we reflect on Jesus death we are also reminded of loved ones that we have lost. I think about my Dad almost every day. The room where my computer is in is his den where he had his computer and where he had all his diplomas hung. While time hasn't diminished the loss I feel with his passing it has brought the acceptance that he is gone. The wonderful thing about having faith and believing in God is the knowledge that I will see Dad again in the next life. How very sad it must be for those who have no faith for they cannot have that peace within that comes with the knowledge that death is not the end but a new beginning and that we will experience our loved ones presence again.

The picture is called Raspberry Parfait because that was what popped into mind when I saw the colors.

The real counter is 4851.

No comments: