Monday, April 30, 2007

Must Be Monday

Monday has managed to sneak around again when we weren't looking. Oh well what would we start our week complaining about if we didn't have Monday to kick around? Well if you are Merlin you can find plenty to whine about. It is his third biggest talent right after naps and chowing down.

I posted for the first time in a moderated group on one of my favorite topics and was immediately made to feel welcome. I am starting to get positive feedback on my art work too. I was highly amused to see an article I posted there reproduced hours later on the old group. So much for it being number one.

This morning's news brought back an old nightmare when I saw pictures of the MacArthur freeway in Oakland that had collapsed from a fiery crash.(http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/california-freeway-collapses-after-fiery/20070429135509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001  I was living in California at the time of the Loma Prieta earthquake when we had collapsed freeways and part of the Oakland Bay Bridge. The miracle of it this time is that no one was killed.

One of the things I dread about going into work is hearing all the whining and negative comments that are sure to go on ad nauseum. Yesterday was spent with one of my favorite people, Aunt Bird, and she has to be one of the most happy and upbeat people on the face of the planet. She is an absolute joy to be around. I am making a positive effort to be more like her in attitude and not let things get me down to the point where I am negative all the time. She loved the booklet I gave her of the photographs I have been taking of flowers and trees and nature. Of course I added some pictures of Pixie and Merlin. I had to show off my babies.

I hope this week brings you a lot of joy and happiness.

The real counter is 5040.

No comments: