Monday, February 26, 2007

Beauty

"Outside noisy, inside empty." Chinese Proverb

I was surprised to see mother up a few minutes ago. She had been terribly sick all weekend but looks better now although she is awfully shaky. Fortunately she isn't scheduled to work today. My day starts out right when I know she made it through the night.

I feel calmer today. I made a conscious decision last night to just put things in God's hands. That doesn't mean I won't be trying to do my part to make things happen. It just means I will count more on his guidance in my life. I have been too wrapped up in trying to do and make things happen that I forgot I had a partner in life that will guide me if I just ask.

Like many I made it through all 20 hours of the Academy Awards last night. The show wasn't that long? You could have fooled me. I'm glad I did make it to the end because Forest Whittaker's speech was one of the most beautiful and heartfelt I have ever heard. He and Jennifer Hudson both thanked God in their speeches and thanked Him in a way that you know they meant it and weren't just mouthing words.

I could probably hear the ultra conservatives screaming last night as Al Gore's film on global warming won, but as Melissa Ethridge said in her speech we are not Republicans or Democrats or red or blue, we are all in this together when it comes to taking care of our environment and each other. Ellen DeGeneres had said earlier without Blacks, Jews, and Gays there would be no Hollywood. It was a good night to remember that hate has no place in our hearts.

Like many I turned in early just to see the fashion show. The dresses were pretty with no real ugly ones for a change but for the most part they were boring. Where is Cher when you need her? ;-)

All in all it is starting out to be a good week. I'll be on-line tonight checking out agents and publishing. I'll be checking places that use graphic artists and getting some of my art out to them to let them know I am available. Mom is feeling better which takes a huge burden off of mind. I have remembered that God will see me through anything if I only have then sense to realize that s/he is there.

The picture is called Crimson Skies. With all the grey and dull weather outside I wanted something colorful and beautiful to look at.

Real counter 4476

No comments: