Friday, February 9, 2007

Surprises

Life is full of surprises some good some not so good. I was surprised yesterday when I found out my boss was not only a fan of Heroes but was also a Trekkie. She has always struck me as conservative and not someone who would be into science fiction and fantasy. It was a pleasant surprise for me. She and I are becoming friends as well as boss and employee which is also very nice.

I came down with a nasty cold and went to bed early last night. Usually I stay up and wait for mother but I was so out of it last night that I went to bed early. Pixie has yet to realize that she is an indoor cat and she will try and run outside if you don't watch her. We put her in the "slammer" if someone isn't around to watch her if mother is working and coming home late. She has her food, water, litterbox, and Mom's bathroom and bedroom to play in so it is definitely a high class joint. Last night I knew when Mom came home any way because Pixie ran upstairs and pounced on me as if to say "ha, ha I'm free and you're it!" She is such a silly kitten.

I am surprised at times with the way some of my art work comes out. Since the artwork is done on computer you really don't get the full effect until you render the picture. You have a small preview window of course but the full effect comes after you render full screen size. Sometimes I just go "wow" because the picture comes out so great. Sometimes you look and go "oops" I didn't mean for them to be floating off into space like that.

Writing can also deliver surprises. I will be working on a story and all of a sudden I find myself going off in a direction that I hadn't consciously planned. I always go with those moments and usually those turn out to be the best stories. I figure the entire story is probably written in my subconscious and it comes out as I need it. A friend of mine commented on how much she liked the back story that goes on in the Sean's Stories. It wasn't until she told me that that I realized that there was another story going on that ties the stories together even more then the fact that the stories have the same characters in them. The back story has continued to grow as I write and I think that really makes the stories special.

The picture is called Celestial Dragon and was one of those art surprises I was talking about. When it rendered I could suddenly see the Chinese dragon in the picture.

No comments: