Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Let It Snow - NOT

We got dumped with 8 inches of snow yesterday. That and the freezing temperatures mean it isn't a whole lot of fun outside at the moment. We ended up having people leave early from work yesterday because of the roads being so bad. I'm expecting half of the office out today. It was my late night but my boss had me leave at 5 PM rather then stay until 8 PM like I normally do.

Bad weather brings out the best and worst of drivers. I encountered safe drivers on the way home but my poor Mom encountered this jerk who could see that she was stuck and having problems trying to get into the driveway and did nothing to help her. He just sat in his car and glared at her. I ended up throwing on clothes at midnight and going out and shoveling a path so she could park behind my car. My brother was able to move hers to the carport this morning. It was a good thing I had insisted she have her cell phone with her. I had been sitting up waiting for her because I was worried about her being out in this awful weather.

Starting next week my Mom is going part time, three days a week. They have her with all weekends off so I can actually spend some time with her for a change. I am hoping by spring I can get her to quit completely. My brothers are expecting me to talk her into quitting. I'm doing my best but I inherited my stubbornness from her.

My picture finished rendering this morning. It took one day, seven hours and some odd minutes and seconds to finish up. One of these days when I can afford it I must get a faster system. I have had the picture in mind for quite a while. It is called Meteor Shower and right now I would put up with the lava and rocks from the sky for a little of that warmth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already have a meteor shower.

It's called Pixie.

Anonymous said...

Oh you mean our little tornado on four paws? I'm going to hook her up to a generator and cut out the payment to Duke Energy.