Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Worth It

"Genuine compassion is unbiased." Dalai Lama

I've been kinda down lately caused by the after effects of a serious illness, combined with Mom being sick, combined with feeling like I'm dealing with kindergartners rather then coworkers and with more work then I can handle, etc. It isn't so much depression as being just plain bone weary and frustrated.

Last night showed me the power of positive feedback on a person's soul. My Mom had told me to fill out the order forms for a couple items I was looking at in a catalog and to find a top to go with the skirt. I filled them out because she wanted to write the check and get the things for me for my birthday which is coming up. The total came to around $45.00 and I asked her if it was too much and she replied "no you're worth it." Three little words "you're worth it" just made me feel so good and so loved.

Compassion and love go hand in hand. Sometimes all it takes for a person to feel better about themselves is a simple statement that says to them that they matter in the scheme of things. In this hustle and bustle world sometimes we feel that we are insignificant and have no place that matters. People need to know that someone cares. Simple words like thank you, I appreciate what you did, good job, I'm sorry you are having a rough time, etc. can make the difference in a person feeling loved or unloved.

Find a way to extend some compassion and caring today. Not only does it help the person you extend it to it also helps you to feel good about yourself.

The picture is called Misty Moonlight."

The real counter is 4492

No comments: