Thursday, February 1, 2007

Laugh

One of the great things about pets is their ability to make you laugh. Our newest cat, Pixie, is a little clown. She is such a day brightener. I had a rough day at work yesterday and she snapped me right out of my bad mood. I especially love the change in my Mom since we got her. Mom is so much happier.

Like all little kids she has her toys scattered all over the house and she still gets more out of her toy box to play with. She is notorious for deciding that her toys need a drink of water or maybe it is a bath and dropping them in the water dish. We are forever getting soggy toys out and squeezing the water out of them and putting them up to dry. The kitchen sink always has one or two toys drying out next to it.

Mom cracks up at the way Pixie will get her up. She will blow in Mom's ear and then play with her hair. She will stand on Mom's chest and look at her to see if she is awake. She knows that soon Mom will get up and feed her some turkey which is her favorite food. Mom has to watch her cholesterol and usually has turkey sandwiches with meat we get at the deli section. I use to get one pound of turkey for her but now I do two pounds when I go to the store, one for Mom and one for Pixie. She has Mom wrapped around her little paw.

Pixie is fascinated with water. She loves to watch the toilet flush and will actually try to push you off the pot so she can watch the water. Mom also turns the water on a trickle in her bathroom so Pixie can drink out of the faucet. When she is done with the faucet she will look at herself in the mirror. I guess she is checking to make sure she is still the world's cutest cat. She is. She also drinks out of the relaxation fountain we have in the living room.

We have a banister upstairs that goes around the top and sides of where the stairs are. She is so agile she will walk on that banister. She also does it so that she can get a rise out of my older brother. He has a tendency to freak fearing that she will slip and fall.

Even though she is a third his size Pixie loves to pick on Merlin. Mom is still laughing at the day I told Pixie to not hit Merlin and when I walked away she got up on her hind paws and smacked him with both her front paws. Poor Merlin.

Laughter really is the best medicine.

No comments: