Tuesday, February 20, 2007

This, That and Tuesdays

"When you see clearly the problem is solved." Krishnamurti

"One of Buddhism's most relevant lessons is the avoidance of extremes. It teaches that freedom and happiness will not be found in the extremes of either sensual indulgence or mortification: a middle way must be found." Dalai Lama

Tuesday is my late night at work where I do the noon to 8 PM shift. We are supposed to be calling customers for payment arrangements but I will be using the time to try and get caught up on my work. The desk was buried and I have hours of posting that needs to be done today. Job security I guess.

Yesterday was a geek day for me. I am still blown away by last night's episode of Heroes. The story was really jumping and we are starting to see some consequences and new alliances that are really looking like that they will get us some answers. HRG is finding that the excuse that he was just trying to protect his family by doing things that are clearly wrong just doesn't cut it. There are consequences to actions in life.

The other geek moment came when I discovered a little control on my Bryce program that lets me change the color of the sun thereby changing the looks of the picture completely. Now instead of having just mere hundreds of presets I can take another aspect and change it into thousands and thousands. Whoo-hoo! One of these days I should probably see if I can find the manuals to my art programs and read how to do everything but it is so much fun to discover things like this on my own.

We are still looking at lots of snow but the temperature is starting to rise and now we can look forward to flooding. Sigh! I think someone must have ticked Mother Nature off. She certainly isn't acting like a happy camper. I upgraded my web site again and put pictures from this fall up in the photography section so that I can look at color until Spring rolls around.

I'm still not feeling up to par and my energy level is low. I have things I need to do but am putting them off until I feel a little better. One of the good points about this break is that I discovered a reason that I had never thought of for my latest short story's plot line. I had put it aside for a couple of months because I had written myself into a hole. I knew what I wanted but I didn't know how to make it seem plausible. A eureka moment came the other night and now it all makes sense. I can now sit down and finish it and then comes the part of trying to get the book published.

The real counter 4421.

No comments: