Monday, February 12, 2007

Sleep

"If you let negative emotions and thoughts arise inside you without any sense of restraint, without mindfulness of their negativity, then in a sense you are giving them free reign. However, if you develop mindfulness of their negativity, then when they occur, you will be able to stamp them out as soon as they arise. You will not give them the opportunity or the space to develop into full blown negative emotional thoughts." Dalai Lama

All I have doing for days now is sleep. I started feeling bad on Thursday and by Friday we were dealing with full blown bronchitis and now it is into my head, sinuses, ears, etc. There is no way I could struggle into work. I'm seeing the doctor in a couple of hours in the hope he can give me something to make me feel at least semi human.

In between times when I can't sleep any longer and I don't feel like getting up then I read. I am in a Terry Pratchett phase at the moment and finished Going Postal and am half way through Thud. Terry is a very funny man and great writer. He can skewer the ridiculous and pomposity of our modern world better then anyone else out there. He is definitely on my list of people to meet one of these days.

Special hello my English stalkers. Hope you are enjoying my and my brother's blogs. Tell your friends since we enjoy watching our numbers go up. Most be boring on the newsgroup since I left huh? No one talking about the show hum? Find you aren't as popular with the readers there as you thought eh?

The picture is called Gerd and I'm looking for a way to knock off this monster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they're closet NASCAR fans.

Or closeted period.

As in water.