Friday, May 25, 2007

Bopping Through Friday

 

"If in a competitive society you are sincere and honest, in some circumstances people may take advantage of you. If you let someone do so, he or she will be engaging in an unsuitable action and accumulating bad karma that will harm the person in the future. Thus it is permissible, with an altruistic motivation, to take counteraction in order to prevent the other person from having to undergo the effects of this wrong action." Dalai Lama

In other words you are your brother's keeper like it or not. That is something we have a tendency to forget or wish we could forget sometimes. It is hard enough to take care of ourselves without having to watch over every one else.

Like many people I have a three day weekend coming up and I'm looking forward to the time off. With the outrageous gas prices I doubt that we will go anywhere in our house. I mean come on $3.58 a gallon? You really expect me to believe that the gas companies aren't jacking up the prices just to line their own pockets? It is really time to crack down on these monopolies.

I'll probably spend the weekend going through magazines and cutting out recipes that look interesting. I'm hoping Food TV has an interesting series of shows for the Memorial Day weekend. If not I'll probably stick in Lord of the Rings again and watch that. I'm also planning to be on line surfing the Web and getting caught up reading places I like. Let the mouse do the driving it is cheaper that way.

My brother is coming out in July to find out what is wrong with the computer that he sent me. This weekend will be the perfect time to get caught up on backing up this computer. I've done lots of new pictures since I backed it up last.

I have been working on a new picture but the dragon is being particularly difficult this time. It doesn't want to come out right. Sigh. Sometimes these mythical beasts are more trouble then they are worth but this particular picture needs the dragon in the sky so I'll try one more texture on it and see if it will come out right this time. The picture is called Celestial Dragon and the dragon did come out right in this picture. Maybe he can talk to his brother. ;-)

The real counter is 5278

No comments: