Thursday, May 24, 2007

Picking Yourself Up

 

"We must find a way to present basic human values to everyone - and present them not as religious matters but as secular ethics that are essential whether you are religious or not." Dalai Lama

"Fall seven times, stand up eight." Japanese proverb

One thing about life is that it never stops changing. Life has a tendency to throw bean balls at you and you find yourself having to pick yourself up and start over once again. That has to be the hardest thing that life expects of you to be able to get up off the ground and start again.

Sometimes it isn't easy. If you have come out of a failed marriage it is hard to trust yourself to do the dating game again. I'm finding it difficult to even want to date much. I've gone out a few times since my divorce but I just haven't found someone that I am comfortable with. Maybe I have raised the bar too high but I find I would rather be alone then stuck in a relationship with someone I'm not totally compatible with.

My job tends to be stressful but I would rather stay with it then to try and go out and look for another one. Part of that is because I like my boss and it is nice to work for someone who appreciates your efforts and behaves in an ethical manner. After the fiasco that ended my last job I would rather stay in my comfort zone.

I guess maybe sometimes I am too hard on myself. Maybe I should just relax and go with the moment. Change is inevitable and will come whether I want it to or not. Right now I should learn to enjoy being in the same old, same old. I have a three day weekend coming up and plan to do nothing really. I'm in a cookbook reading mood so I'll probably just go through the magazines that are stacking up and cut the recipes out that look like they would be fun to do.

Maybe we should learn to enjoy the comfort zone while we are in it. As Scarlet says "tomorrow is another day." Today I'll just enjoy it as it comes.

The real counter is 5271

No comments: