Friday, May 11, 2007

Okay Let's See

"It is in the very heart of our activity that we search for our goal." Rabindranath Tagore

Today's quote is rather interesting. It would seem that we need to examine our own lives and what we do with them in order to see what we are really trying to accomplish. For most of us a good chunk of our day revolves around a) our job and b) sleeping. In my dreams last night (a) bleed into (b) and I was doing adjustments and refunds. Sigh not what I want to do with the rest of my life.

For many the job is the main goal and if you are doing something you really love then that is great. What if you aren't doing something you really love doing? My job pays for my expenses but I can't really say that it is fulfilling in any way other then keeping the cats feed and in toys. It does allow me to see my mother on a regular basis since she works at the same place so it does have that in its favor.

Okay let's see what else can be examined in our lives. What do we do after we come home from work and before we go to sleep? I think that is where I must look. My two main pursuits are my art and my writing. So for me that would be where I would find my goal. One goal is to be a published author. In pursuit of that goal I have finished integrating all the short stories into a novel and am in the process of a final proofread before getting it out to a couple of friends who have agreed to be beta readers for me. One of the friends has edited a literary magazine before so her input will be invaluable. The art is being put into a portfolio form so that I may get that out to potential galleries to show my work.

My heart is as an artist and writer. Looking at your own life where is your goal? The picture is called City in the Sky. If you are going to dream make your goals as high as you can. You deserve the best.

The real counter is 5131

No comments: