Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Tumbleweeds

 

"Where are you searching for me, friend? Look! Here I am right within you. Not in temple, not in mosque, not in Kaaba nor Kailas, but here right within you am I." Kabir

For a short work week it sure seems long. It sure feels like it should be Friday. It is starting to get hot out here and that makes my bedroom hot and that makes Merlin grouchier then normal and he keeps waking me up during the night. I keep a fan turned on the bed so he can get cool air but he prefers to complain. Gee can you tell my ex picked him out? ;-)

I was playing on the computer last night and ended up doing a picture I called Fire and Ice. I liked the contrast between the cold surface with its ice and snow and the hot colors of the ringed planet.

I have always been fascinated by the opposites that make up life. I find even in dress that I alternate between warm and cool colors. This week I have felt like hot colors and am wearing lots of pinks and yellows and other warm colors. Last week I was into the blues and cool colors.

In families you find opposites in personalities. I am much more liberal then my older brother who has the bedroom next to me. He is an ultra conservative. Yet even he the other night was commenting that something has to be done about health care in this country and that even though he doesn't like the idea of the government run health service we may have to do something like that because too many people can not afford health care and the insurance companies have too big of a control over what can or can not be done. Once I got over the shock of him actually saying something sensible I agreed with him.

It is true that in relationships a lot of time opposites attract. We like to explore things that are different from ourselves. Certainly my ex and I were opposites but I do believe next time around I'm looking for someone who is more like me in personality. I definitely am looking for an optimist. Pessimism really is a drag to have to deal with on a daily basis.

I think man's search for truth or God comes in part with the search for something greater then ourselves. We recognize our liabilities and yearn for something better. We sometimes look for something better in the wrong places. As today's quote says if we want God we need to search within. God is in all of us.

The real counter is 5323.

No comments: