Monday, May 7, 2007

Mainly Monday

"The gods do not deduct from one's life the hours spent loving." Ancient Chinese Proverb

Another one of those Monday things has snuck into my week. It was one of those weekends where I got a fair amount done on Saturday and spent most of Sunday in bed fighting off a sinus infection.

I am almost finished integrating the short stories into novel form. I have two more stories to put in and then I need to go back and make sure the interfaces make sense. I may actually have to finish a couple of stories that I had been working on to fill in the spaces where the hero is telling a story and there is no story there. ;-)

I got some photography done on Saturday. So far one person has iris up and blooming. I'm hoping to find some more because they are such beautiful flowers. I am fascinated by the beauty and variety of the flowers around here. I love flowers but can't grow live things. For some reason I just don't have a green thumb. I usually end up with silk plants around my own place because live ones can't survive either my attempts to care for them or the cats trying to eat them. Of course my silk plants had problems with Merlin who likes to nibble on them.

I am going to try and be more positive this week. I started the week out by picking outfits that I really love to wear this week. I always pick out the outfits for the week on Sunday and iron them so that they are ready come mornings. Ironing is one of my least favorite things to do so I tend to make sure I only have to do it once a week. I'm going to see if having on clothes I absolutely love will help make a difference in my attitude. Of course that may be blown sky high when I get into that pit of negativity known as work.

For now though the coffee tastes good, the sun is shining, and both cats are fed and happy. The week is starting off good.

The real counter is 5089

No comments: