Saturday, May 19, 2007

Silly Saturday

"Duties to self, to the family, to the country, and the world are not independent of one another." Mahatma Gandhi

It seems AOL has part of the problem solved and we can put pictures in without the special effects. However, being AOL, they took out the spell check and you can't fix any of the old posts to take out the special effects on the pictures you had in previously and didn’t want special effects on. Sigh!

I went out walking again after work yesterday and got a couple of really pretty shots. I'll probably head off today and tomorrow as well and get some more pictures. I need to figure out which direction I haven't headed and go that way. Maybe I'll even find that college that is supposed to be up the street from us. It is supposed to have some pretty places to walk.

The Sci-Fi channel is having a Heroes marathon today and showing 21 hours so that we can get caught up on any episodes we missed before Monday's finale. I was so happy because I missed episodes one and three so I had planned to get up at nine this morning and catch those two before I headed out for the weekly shopping. Silly Sci-Fi decided to start with episode ten and show to the end and then do the early ones. My episodes are on at 10 PM and Midnight. Somehow the logic of this escapes me.

I am glad the weekend is here. I really need a break from the whining at work. I try to keep a sense of humor at all times but sometimes it is really hard. I must say that it was amusing to watch one of my coworkers who snapped at me for letting her know what went on at a meeting that occurred before she got there and watching her have to back track and apologize when she calmed down and realized that she had really goofed and the others were not going to tell her what to do on the project I was trying to tell her about that the boss needed done. I took off and went to lunch after firmly telling her she was out of line and to cut it out. She apologized after I got back and of course I forgave her. It would be silly to do other wise.

Sometimes you have to stop and realize how silly it is to hold a grudge. Who are you harming with your attitude? Does the person you are "mad" at really care? Of course they don't care they just go on with their own lives in spite of your feelings. It doesn't affect them one bit. The only one it affects is you so you might as well stop being silly and let go.

So I am off to face the Wal-Mart crowd, do some house cleaning, and take CP out for some more pictures. CP is my nickname for my Cannon Power Shot A95, a really sweet little digital camera.

The real counter is 5213

No comments: