Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Go Round the Mulberry Bush

"There is no weapon more powerful in achieving the truth than acceptance of oneself." Swami Prajnanpad

I spent much of last night wrestling with the AOL Journals that AOL decided to "upgrade" without telling us of course and in the process messed up everybody's graphics. Sigh! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! Of course they never bothered to ask us if we wanted to change. So apologies to those getting a headache from the new moving pictures. Hopefully AOL will put back in the feature that says "no special effects."

The last few weeks the arthritis in my spine has gotten a lot worse. I'm not sure what is up but I have been in constant pain especially in the neck area. I'm going to try and find my Tai-Chi tape in hopes that maybe the gentle stretching exercises may loosen things up and make it easier to move.

I have my website updated with some new pictures of spring flowers. I found iris blooming this time with the lilac, purple and dark blue varieties most prominent. Iris are such interesting flowers I really love them.

The novel is off to one of my friends who is experienced in editing so I am anxiously awaiting her take on the book. I'm confident with her helping me that we can get this into publishable form. Exciting times but a bit nerve wracking as well.

This weekend I need to get flowers for Mom. She wants me to do a new bouquet with a flag for Dad's grave for Memorial Day. My brother will take the flowers out. So far neither Mom nor I have been out to Dad's grave since the day he was buried. Neither one of us can handle it.

Since the squirrels will not leave Mom's planters alone I'll be doing silk flower arrangements outside as well. I have some flowers from last year that I need to look at and then decide how I want to augment them this year. We have a pretty little cottage style house that has just been repainted in light gold so I will be doing the warm colors a accents. Mom has always loved the way I arrange flowers for her so I am being given free reign.

Work has officially taken my name and phone number off of the Patient Account's  statements. I guess my new job of number cruncher is official. I still do some care of patients but looking at numbers all day is what I mainly do. I am real good at accounting so I can't complain. I think it is contributing to my arthritis in my spine acting up though. I am either hunched over a computer or lifting heavy files up and down looking for documentation. Oh well what can't be changed must be endured.

So hi-ho, hi-ho off to the nut house I go. ;-)

The real counter is 5196.

No comments: