Friday, July 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Mother

Today is my Mom's 81st birthday. My niece and I are getting together and getting her the Twilight Zone DVDs. She really liked that show.

Mom is getting very frail now and is having problems walking up and down stairs. I really wish I could get her to quit her job at the hospital. It is just too stressful for her. The place is such a zoo and doesn't know what they are doing. I had to be in early yesterday because they have taken me out of patient accounts altogether and put me in cash posting and who knows what else. Of course I'm still expected to keep up with the rest of the stuff I've been doing. Sigh.

We got the last remaining cat over to my boss last night. Mom will miss the outdoor cats but they will be happier out there in the country and we won't have to worry about kittens every year. Now Pixie and Merlin can go back to ruling the roost.

I've been reading The Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff. It is more serious then his The Tao of Pooh but still very much worth reading. In this hustle and bustle world of ours we forget sometimes that we are all interconnected. We are not separate from nature and other life. We are all part of each other. We hustle so much for material gain that we neglect the spiritual aspect of our lives and wonder why we aren't happy.

If I get home in time tonight I plan to walk and take some more pictures of flowers. Mother just loves the floral pictures I take and it would be a nice addition to the album she is making of my photographs. It is such a little thing but it makes her so happy. Take a moment today and look at the beauty of nature.

The real counter is 5572.

No comments: