Monday, July 2, 2007

The Meow of Monday

"Why is the river dry? I built a dike across it so that it would serve me and me alone; that is why the river is dry." Rabindranath Tagore

"If you are able to transform adverse situations into factors of the spiritual path, hindrances will become favorable conditions for spiritual practice." Dalai Lama

I'm going to attempt work today and hope the headache doesn't reassert itself full blown. At the moment we are at the dull roar stage and hopefully it will not decide to go into the knock you on your rear end stage. I can't afford to be out since I have no sick leave left and get none until October.

I spent most of the weekend in bed sleeping. Enough heavy duty pain pills and even a migraine will go away for a bit. I did finish hemming and pressing my Mom's pants for her. They go to new scrubs this week and she is so tiny that a good three inches of pants legs had to be trimmed off and rehemmed. She was so grateful that I would do it for her. It was such a simple thing to do and I was more then happy to do so.

We are both off this Wednesday and we may go shopping if she is up to it to get her a computer desk and monitor. My brother will be here in a couple of weeks to set up my new computer and we will move one of her computers downstairs. She hates to spend money on herself but I am going to convince her that she needs to think of herself once in a while.

I was looking at today's quotes and keeping in mind that last night I was reading Benjamin Hoff's The Tao of Pooh. I also have his The Te of Piglet. They are such delightful books and teach a complex subject in a way that anyone can understand. I am fascinated by Eastern philosophy and have readthe Tao Te Ching many times. While it may seem frivolous to explain Taoism via Winnie the Pooh I find that the simplicity of a humble bear is such a change from the ego of certain people.

I started this morning with the meow of Monday and a cat cuddled on either side of me. The picture is called Friends and they are more valuable then gold.

The real counter is 5551

No comments: