Saturday, July 7, 2007

Such A Hot Saturday

 

"A person who says, 'I'm enlightened' probably isn't." Baba Ram Dass

It will be in the mid 90s today with humidity to match. If she is up to it I plan to take Mom shopping. I found a mall a few miles away from us that has a JC Penny and a Barnes and Noble plus Target is pretty close by also. She has a gift card for Wal-Mart so we have plenty of options. Now if I can only get her to buy something for herself.

I finished Benjamin Hoff's The Te of Piglet last night. He was in a much more serious mood when he wrote this book then when he did The Tao of Pooh. He is an environmentalist and he worries over how we are treating our planet. It is something that I am also very concerned about. This is the only home we have and we need to take better care of it then we are currently doing.

One of the things I'm going to be looking for is books as I have $40.00 worth of gift cards to Barnes and Noble. It will be a case of trying to find some that Mom would like as well and looking for things that I am interested in. One thing near the top of my list is a Tai Chi DVD for Mom and I to see if it will help our arthritis. I may look for some more books on the Tao Te Ching. I find I am more and more interested in Eastern Philosophy. There is so much turmoil at work and worrying about my Mom's health that I am searching for peace in my life.

Peace seems so hard to find these days. The job is a zoo without the cute animals to make it better. I try to stay calm but I find that the stresses are getting worse and I don't want to have to rely on tranquilizers again to find the peace I need. If I can find the peace through ancient philosophy then I'll try it. There is no reason why a person can't use many different roads towards peace within. I see no conflict with exploring Eastern Philosophy, New Age, and still holding to my belief in God. It is the same God for all of us after all.

The picture is called The Road Less Taken

The real counter is 5577

No comments: