Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tumultuous Tuesday

 

"Let a Christian follow the precepts of his own faith, let a Hindu and a Jew follow theirs. If they strive long enough, they will ultimately discover God, who runs like a seam under the crusts of rituals and forms." Swami Nikhilananda

I have always been a firm believer in that there is only one God and all the religions in the world are worshiping the same deity but they are seeing him/her from different angles. I feel that a religious war is an oxymoron. There is nothing holy about killing people. There is nothing holy in killing people because they see God differently then you do. One God for everyone is what I believe.

One of the books I got at the bookstore on Sunday was by a Buddhist monk named Thich Nhat Hanh and is called Anger. I have just started it and I am impressed so far. He has a couple of other books I am thinking of getting, one called Living Buddha, Living Christ which talks about how the teachings of Christ and Buddha are not that dissimilar. I am hoping that the book Anger will help me learn to keep my temper under control. It has been a rough few days at work with the new responsibilities plus them expecting me to do much of my old responsibilities at the same time. I am only one person and I'm way overworked now doing work that lazy people don't want to do. I can't do everyone's job. I am extremely frustrated and have been coming home with massive headaches.

Sunday was so nice being able to spend quality time with my mother. It was very relaxing in spite of my doing all the driving and the traffic. I tried to get Mom to pick out some books for herself at the bookstore but she wouldn't do it saying the gift cards were mine. So I ended up getting four books that I thought she would like too. Two of the books are by Dean Koontz and two are Agatha Raisin mysteries. I'm reading one now and I think she will get a kick out of them.

The picture is called The Queen's Garden and comes from my short story series. I felt that Queen Niri with all of her responsibilities and worries had to have a place where she could relax and get away from it all. When I meditate at night and after I have relaxed every part of my body and my mind I try to visualize a tranquil place to be and the picture reflects the scene that I visualize.

The real counter is 5601.

No comments: