Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Memories

Father's Day is always a difficult day for me since my Dad is no longer here. I realized that it has been affecting my mood for a week or so.

It was while working on my pictures last night that I realized why I was so frustrated with the one I had been working on. I knew what was wrong with it when I figured out what I really wanted was something for my Dad. Dad and I took a trip once where we were able to go behind a waterfall. While I was trying to do that picture I had been putting elements in that didn't jive with my memory from the time Dad and I saw the incredible sight. Once I redid the picture and put in things closer to what my memories of the actual place were then everything fell into place.

Dad always loved Father's Day because all of his children and grandchildren would call and he would get cards and presents. He was like a little kid.

So Daddy Happy Father's Day. I miss you. I hope you like the new picture I did for you. It is called Behind the Falls.

The actual counter is 5449.

No comments: