Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Too Cute

 

"Less judgment, less trying, less improvement, less regret." Kazuaki Tanahashi

We got a surprise last night when one of the cats we have been trying to capture to give to my boss out in the country brought three little kittens with her to the food bowls. One is a gray tiger stripe and two are fawn colored with light gray on their little faces, feet and tails. Sort of Siamese but gray instead of brown. Gee we thought "Whiskers" was a male. The kittens are absolutely adorable and pudgy little things. They are in the waddling stage sort of like a baby trying to walk with a diaper on. They are just too cute. I wonder how many cats we can talk my boss into taking. Just think our little Pixie is an Aunt.

It was another sleepless night last night. I could not find a comfortable position where my neck wasn't hurting. It was too late to take a sleeping pill by the time I realized I wasn't going to be able to sleep. I hate nights like that.

Today's quote is interesting and shows the difference between Eastern and Western philosophies. Here in the West we look on "less" as if it were a dirty word. Everything has to be stuffed full. Every minute of our day seems to be scheduled with something. Every square inch of our homes is full of stuff. There isn't any empty spaces. We are never satisfied and always want more.

I am like my mother in a way and tend to make due with things. As long as something is working okay I stick with it. The new computer my brother made will be my first new computer in almost seven years. I am looking forward to using it however and am very grateful that he is giving it to me.

One of the things I do when I get under a lot of stress is meditate. I relax all the parts of my body and "feel" the tension flow away from me leaving quiet in its place. I visualize a place where there is nothing but nature. I fill myself with the emptiness. Sometimes less brings more peace to a soul.

The real counter is 5473.

No comments: