Monday, June 4, 2007

Must Be Monday

"To receive everything, one must open one's hands and give." Taisen Deshimaru

Well the cats were in at 6:30 AM so it must be Monday. Oh wait they do that on the weekends too. Oh well it is Monday any way and time to start another work week.

I managed to get some walking in this weekend. I walked over by the University and actually met our pastor out for a walk. He is still having problems with his foot and is still in therapy but it was wonderful to see him up and around after that horrible accident when we weren't sure if he would ever walk again. He hopes to be back to work in a couple of weeks.

I was hoping to take Mom out this weekend but she was really tired and didn't feel like doing much other then rest. I gave her the excuse that it may rain and we would do it another weekend. I am worried about this fatigue all the time. Hopefully this coming weekend she will feel better and I can get her out of the house.

I read something encouraging the other day. My ex's first wife is getting married again. I am happy for her. My ex had put her in the worst light possible and when I finally really met her and got a chance to talk to her she was nothing like he portrayed her. She was really a nice person. I wish her and her new husband all the happiness in the world. She deserves it.

It made me think about my own situation though and I realized that if she could heal after 20 years of abuse and decide to marry again then I could also think about it. I am finally getting to the point where I think I could share my life with the right person. I know what not to look for this time. I want the opposite of my ex as a mate.

Another thing that made me happy this weekend was a response to my newest Prisoner picture. It was such a beautiful response and caused a new picture to come into my head that I will definitely be working on. The response to the art in the new newsgroup has been so encouraging. I definitely feel like continuing my art in that genre.

It brings up today's quote however when you realize that you have to give in order to receive. As usual I printed off pictures from my walk yesterday and gave then to my mother. She loves to see the pictures I take and is keeping a portfolio of the pictures. While the walk was beneficial to myself physically it became a bonding experience between my Mom and myself when I shared the pictures. When I shared the art work with the newsgroup it gave others a chance to see what I had done and respond to me. Ironically it didn't help to decide which style of work was best since everyone seemed to like something different from the humorous, to the serious, to the surrealistic. All had their fans.

The picture is called Moonshadow and this was the one that elicited the positive response this weekend.

The real counter is 5349.

No comments: