Sunday, June 24, 2007

Suddenly Sunday

 

"The whole world has now become like one family, almost like one body. So some destruction of some other part of the world is actually destruction of yourself." Dalai Lama

We have been successful in getting the remaining two kittens into the safety of the side porch at night. Momma cat, once she realized that her babies were safe, decided that she is fine with them being in at night. Mom and I held the kittens for a while last night so that they would get use to people. The gray one we are calling Rascal because he is a little devil. The fawn colored Siamese we are calling Marshmallow because she is so chubby she looks like a toasted marshmallow with legs. She is extremely docile and sweet natured. Knowing that we can protect the remaining two babies has calmed mother down quite a bit.

I turned again to my art yesterday in order to calm myself down. The end result was the picture Flights of Fantasy. I ended up getting out of bed twice and going to the computer to add elements to the picture. The first thing I added was the cats. It was inspired by my Mom who told me that I had a magical way with cats because I could get Rascal to actually settle down on my lap and behave. The second element I got up and added was the monarch butterfly who in my mind will always be associated with my Dad.

I took Mom to Mass yesterday and will do her shopping today. Her bad hip is really bothering her again and I told her to take it easy that I can handle the shopping by myself. I'll also take care of doing the laundry and whatever else she wants done.

Again I am impressed with the wisdom of the Dalai Lama. If we are to survive in this world we need to learn that we are all interconnected. Protecting the remaining two kittens is our way of connecting with the something greater then ourselves. We are trying to do our part to honor the sanctity of life and protect the helpless and innocent. It is on a small scale but still we are trying to do our part. We had also contributed money to the Hands Together Mission in Haiti at church yesterday. You can find information about them here. http://www.handstogether.org/aboutus/ They could really use our help.

The song Circle of Life from The Lion King says:

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

We are all a part of that circle of life and we need to do our part to help others along the way.

The real counter is 5504

No comments: