Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Past Present

 

"You see, the past is past and the future is yet to come. That means the future is in your hands - the future entirely depends on the present. That realization gives you great responsibility." Dalai Lama

The present is easier to cope with if you have had a good night's sleep which I finally did last night. I occasionally have one of those nights were I wake up and can not get back to sleep and after two nights of those I took one of the sleeping pills the doctor gave me and just slept. Not even the kitties could wake me up this time.

Tying into yesterday's journal entry I was reading that the Dalai Lama was in Australia and met our little Bindi Irwin. She had a koala bear for him to pet. The Dalai Lama again spoke of reverence for life, all life. He really is an incredible man.

Someone who is making a mockery of humanity however and showing mankind at its worse is that judge suing those immigrant dry cleaner owners for 54 million dollars over a pair of pants. It doesn't cost this jerk a cent to misuse the legal system. Come on leaving the courtroom in tears over a pair of blue and maroon pants? Sounds like all of his taste is in his mouth.

I think today's quote should be printed out and given to people who constantly moan about "if only I had." I could a been a contender. We don't have any way of knowing that if we had changed something in the past that our lives would have been totally different. For all we know if we had done certain actions our lives could have turned out far worse.

The past shapes our present but it is the present that is important because that is what determines our future. I have certainly learned from the past. That is what the past is good for to use as a learning experience. It is the present though that I am concentrating on because that will determine the rest of my life. I certainly don't want to relive my past. Once was enough thank you.

So with a little help from my Guardian of the Present here’s to now. I hope I have the wisdom to make the most of it.

The real counter is 5421.

No comments: