Thursday, June 7, 2007

One More Day

 

 

 

“Take up one thing and do it, and see the end of it, and before you have seen the end, do not give up. Those who only take a nibble here and a nibble there will never attain anything.” Swami Vivekananda

 

My doctor won’t let me go back to work until tomorrow. I’ll probably play on the computer today. I had an idea for another picture in the Prisoner series last night that I want to do. I am getting enthusiastic response to my art work on my new board. It is such a pleasure to be able to deal with real Prisoner fans and not people who act like Warders. There are some fans who have totally missed the point Patrick McGoohan was trying to make. They feel they are the only fans and anyone new is a threat to them and their domain as “experts.”  Their egos are out of control and they are damaging Prisoner fandom with their behavior. Vicious mean spirited posts and condemnation of a person because you don’t hold with his or her personal views is contrary to what the show is about.

 

I really like today’s quote. I know there have been times when I doubted my abilities to do something and I had to force myself to finish a project. This time last year I was panicking because I doubted that I could do justice to the wedding dress and flowers that I was doing for my niece’s wedding. I wanted everything to be perfect for her and I wasn’t sure I was up to the task. I had promised her that I would do it though and I forced myself to complete the task. When I was finished though I was able to look at what I had done and realized that I could do it. I did make something that was truly beautiful. You can see the results at: http://members.aol.com/michelespoetry/wedding.htm

 

If you don’t have faith in yourself how can you expect others to have faith in you? Not everyone has the same talents but everyone has talent. It is important that a person learn what their talents are and use them. It is also possible to learn how to do new things. There are many classes available that will teach new skills whether they are sewing, flower arranging, stitchery, photography, writing, computer skills, etc.. You owe it to yourself to be willing to try something new. Get a digital camera and start taking pictures. The cameras come with simple programs that help you to make you pictures look good. There are also classes you can take. Get a stitchery kit and sew a piece of art. Again there are classes that will show you how to do it. There is so much beauty in the world and you can contribute to it. Have faith in yourself.

 

The real counter is 5365

No comments: