Monday, March 5, 2007

Accomplished

It was amusing last night as Mom and I tried to figure out what I got from whom. The final decision was that from Dad I got the brown eyes, nose, chin, fair skin, and fine hair. From Mom I got the eye shape, high cheekbones, and hair color. Well that takes care of the Irish, Cherokee, Amish, Scottish and English all right. Heinz 57 variety that's me.

Over the weekend I accomplished one more goal and have one more thing crossed off of my to-do list. I now have the short story book put together in one file and ready to print off and get out to agents. The stories had been individual files and saved as I had written them. I now have them in a single publishable form.

While I have made a conscious decision to place my life in God's hands I don't see any harm in helping out. I have always been told that God helps those who help themselves. I can hardly expect him to find an agent for my stories or a gallery to exhibit my art work now can I? That part of what I would like to accomplish is going to be up to me to see what I can do.

My next major project is finding an agent and maybe a gallery for my art work. I really want to pursue my writing and art this year and get it out there. I could use the extra cash to help around the house more. Mom is worried about the house repairs and not being able to retire and I really would like her out of that job completely. Her health just isn't up to working even part time any more. As much as I want my writing and art to succeed my Mom is my main concern.

I wish I had the day off today to help my Mom out. She is having the roofer over to check the damage that is done on the carport roof. I am afraid that they will try and take advantage of her and she wishes I could be here also because no one gets by with shoddy customer service for my Mom when I'm around. Just ask J.C. Penny and Sprint. They found out the hard way that I mean business where my Mom is concerned.

The real counter is 4527

No comments: