Friday, March 30, 2007

Weather Cats

"Contemplation is seeing the here and now." Swami Prajnanpad

Well weather.com has confirmed what the cats woke me up at one, two, and four to tell me that thunder storms are on the way. At least that was what Merlin was whining about I think Pixie wanted me to go downstairs and give her some turkey. Mom got her hooked on turkey breast and now any time someone is in the kitchen she thinks she should be given turkey.

Cats are funny critters. They all have distinct personalities. I like the independent streak in cats because they remind me of me. If I were an animal I would probably be some kind of cat. For all their independence cats still have a need to be loved and cuddled. Both cats are afraid of the really loud storms we get in the Midwest. Merlin cuddles so close that he is practically inside my pajamas at night. Pixie cuddles next to Mom real close.

Sometimes cats will sit there and seem to be contemplating great thoughts. They get this "wise old man of the mountain" look on their face. They are probably contemplating how superior they are to people and dogs. Cats are such a joy to have.

The picture is called I Spy and proves why dogs will never win the game of hide and seek.

The real counter is 4777.

No comments: