Friday, March 23, 2007

Fantastic Future

"If you know that someone is speaking badly of you behind your back, and if you react to that negativity with a feeling of hurt, then you destroy your own peace of mind. One's pain is one's own creation. One should treat such things as if they are wind behind one's ear. In other words, just brush then aside. To a large extent, whether or not one suffers pain depends on how one responds to a given situation. What makes a difference is whether or not one is too sensitive and takes things too seriously." Dalai Lama

I am still giggling from an email I received from my baby brother regarding the wind across the pond. Jerry and I both have a weird sense of humor and it helps us to deal with irritating people.

My future in computers should be here any day now and I am really excited about being able to use a much more powerful computer. It will take some work to transfer over things I have on this computer but the end results will be worth it.

The thing about the future is what we do in the present will alter the future just as things in the past altered our present. Time is interconnected. Time flows and if we throw obstacles into that time stream it alters the way it flows.

There are certain things I know will come true in the future. Eventually I will have to face my Mom's passing and dealing with this big house and getting it and the contents sold. I know eventually I'll be changing jobs and probably moving back to the Chicago area. I can't afford California and I fell in love with Chicago when I lived there. I'm just not cut out for small town life.

I know my future will always include my art and writing. Once I get back to where they actually do science fiction conventions then I can go back to selling my art that way. I am taking steps in the present to be able to use my artistic talents in future endeavors and the same with my writing and cooking abilities.

Whether or not their will be a special someone for my later life I don't know. I will leave myself open to a future relationship and see what happens. Some things you can safely leave in God's hands. If s/he wants a special someone in my life then s/he will show me the way to meet him.

I look forward to my future. The possibilities are exciting. The picture is called Guardian of the Future.

No comments: