Saturday, March 24, 2007

Once More Into the Breach

"Having failed to distinguish thoughts from things, we can fail to distinguish words from thoughts. We think that if we can label a thing we have understood it." Maha Sthavira Sangharakshita

Words can be used that can boomerang on you. Take our English reader who uses words like "crazy" and "ass" to describe myself and my brother. All he is doing is the same as my ex did using words that describe himself and projecting them onto others. Jerry and I are coated with Teflon and stupid attempts to tar us with incorrect labels just slide right off. We acknowledge our real faults and work on them. We are not going to take on the labels from people who have problems of their own and refuse to acknowledge or work on them. Their are people out there who need to work on their over blown and unwarranted egos. You are not the hot stuff you think you are.

I am spending the weekend in pure geek mode. My new computer arrived yesterday. I need to back up the data on this computer in order to transfer it to the new one. My original thought was to just put the current data drive into the new one but the new one comes with two drives and more room then I can fill in the near future. All right for the geeks reading the new unit has:

Athlon 2600 XP
1 gig RAM (PC2700)
2 hard drives 1: 80 gig, 1: 120 gig
128 meg Nvidia video system
8 USB 2.0 ports
new keyboard and mouse
56 K modem
10/100 ethernet (2)
wireless adapter
combo DVD/CD drive
new CD burner
software:
AVAST anti virus
Office 2000
XP SP2
Easy CD Creator 6
DVD player
Adobe reader 7.0
Zone Alarm
Norton Utilities
Bryce 6.1

Of course I need to put on all the rest of my cooking and art software, AOL and whatever else is up there and transfer all my data to the new machine. It will be a weekend long project but I'm really excited about it. I'll fix up this old machine for my Mom to use which means I need to copy over her stuff from the old machine. Unfortunately her machine only has a floppy disk drive so that will take a while to do. Sigh.

So thanks Eric for the great birthday present. Whoo-hoo! A really fast computer made to do art work on.

The real counter is 4714

No comments: