Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sleepy Time

"We should not be too concerned with our fame or what people say about us, either bad or good because in reality fame could not make any serious difference to one's life. Therefore, we should have our priorities right, and seek what is truly of value, what is truly of meaning to our life not just mere fame, which is, after all, empty sounds." Dalai Lama

Celestial Seasons makes a wonderful tea called Sleepy Time. I think I'm going to get some at the store today and come home make a big cup and hit the sack. It was one of those wonderful nights where it was four in the morning before I got to sleep. Then Pixie and Merlin bounce in all bright eyed and bushy tailed at seven wanting to know if mommy wants to get up and play. Uh no not really kids. Today is Sherlock Holmes Day and I'm hoping to track down the elusive control that will convince kittens to let you sleep in.

It will be a quiet weekend. I still have enough of the headache left that I really don't feel like tackling too much. Last night I finally got through the Bryce sky presets on 6.0 so I only have one of each up there. I'm in the middle of putting the names down on a list so I can find them easier as there are certain presets I like and this way I'll know approximately where in the page they are at. It's a geek thing having stuff organized so it is easy to find them on the computer.

As is often the case I find that I really resonate to the words of the Dalai Lama in today's quote. Over the years I have worked with stars in the acting, art, and writing fields. Some of the people are big stars and some not so big except in their own minds. Their are some people I love working with and some I refuse to work with ever again. George Takai and Peter Davison I would work with again in a heartbeat as they are lovely, lovely people and so sweet and generous with their time. They care about their fans and care about the people who are working hard putting on the conventions. William Shatner, let me check my calendar, sorry busy that night, got to wash my hair.

From experience I have found that the big stars are usually easy to work with. It is the smaller celebrities who are the most difficult. People who make minor in-roads to fame are the ones who let it go to their heads. They puff up their egos to make themselves more important then they really are because they will never accept the fact that their talent is minor and they will never make the upper rungs of success. They are incapable of understanding that they are minor talents and instead of being thankful for the talent they do have they have to try and throw their weight around and pretend that they are so important. The big picture however tells another story and they will never be among the greats. Is it any wonder that these type of people have very vocal critics that mock them and make fun of them? They can scream and point their fingers at their critics crying "loser, loser" but they are incapable with their massive egos of realizing that they are losers too. Their critics see them for what they really are.

The older I get the less tolerant I become of egotists and bigots. There is one race and that is the human race. Christ said "love thy neighbor as thyself" and didn't put any qualifiers on it. I have become more convinced as I go along in life that we must see individuals as they are and not as they are perceived through the eyes of prejudice. As strongly as I believe in God I am also aware that some of the worst prejudice is done in the name of religion, not that atheists are any better. They are just as bigoted as the believers.

I know I have people who read this Journal every day and I welcome you to my world. I know their are people who love my art work because they tell me so and I appreciate those fans of my work. I hope that I may continue to provide the art and writing that you enjoy. I am under no illusion however that I am the best but I do try my best. That is all I can do.

Today's picture is called Perchance to Dream because after I face the madding crowd at Wal-Mart I am hitting the sack for a nap.

The real counter is 4572

No comments: