Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Precipitous Present

We can't do anything about our past however the present is another matter. There is a lot we can do to make the present better. If we learn from the past then we won't make the same mistakes over again. We can also look to the past to see what was done right and use that as our blue print for the present.

Unfortunately we don't have total control over our lives and things that are out of our control can affect us. I woke up with a terrific tension headache that I know is caused by problems at work and knowing that it will be a very tense day today. A colleague tried to defy the boss and put me in the middle with her shenanigans. I have to protect my job and can not be seen condoning this other woman's actions so I had no choice but to report it. The shit will hit the fan today and I'm not looking forward to being there.

For the most part however I am happy with my present. My Mom is fragile but still alive and I love being able to help her out. I have been able to help two of my brothers through problems they didn't want to handle themselves. Google is your friend in finding sources of information. I have solved many a problem for my family with results of Google searches.

I am very proud of the way my writing and art have improved over the last couple of year. I have learned a great deal in the field of graphic art. I can do things now that I couldn't do before. The art is well received. The writing has become clearer and the stories are growing into an epic myth of the battle between good and evil.

I am fairly content in my job and it does keep Pixie in toys and Merlin in food. You can tell which priority each cat has. We are going into thunder storm season and that means that Merlin will be huddling close to me to protect him from the big, bad storm. I don't know how Pixie is going to react but suspect I may have kitties on either side.

There are some things that I am working on now that will affect my future but that is another post. Today is the first day of Spring. After this winter I am certainly looking forward to Spring. The picture is called Guardian of the Present.

The real counter is 4675.

No comments: