Saturday, March 3, 2007

Scratch That

Well I was thinking about writing about Spring and how it is just around the corner but it is snowing again. Sigh. It was in the 50s and the 17 inches of snow and ice was finally starting to melt yesterday and when I woke up this morning the ground is white again. Thunderstorms yesterday and snow storms today, yep I'm in the Midwest.

I was planning on driving out to a shopping center about an hour away but with this weather it looks like a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get Mom's shopping done and then I'll spend the rest of the day at home. I'll probably work on my St. Patrick's Day picture. I was thrilled to discover yesterday that my special St. Patrick's Day skirt I made a few years ago fits again and I can wear it this year. Finally the excess weight I put on after my divorce is coming off and staying off. Yeah!

I'm going to encourage Mom to rest this weekend as she hasn't been feeling well. If she rests in Daddy's chair then Pixie will cuddle up next to her and stay with her most of the day. Pixie is down with a kitty cold and sneezing her little head off so I'll have the two sickies in one place so I can keep an eye on them.

I was debating whether or not to even address Ann Coulter's latest remarks but what the heck it's my blog so I'll do what I want to. Has the Republican Party really stopped to think what this woman is doing to its image? Come on folks calling a man who has been married for 30 years to the same woman and who has four children by this woman a 'faggot' is insane. Do you really want to play the homophobic bigot card this election? She is making you a laughing stock but then again maybe you just don't care. Oh well I guess you didn't learn anything from the last elections.

Well hi-ho, hi-ho it's off in the snow I go. In the photo Pixie is looking out at the snow from the warmth of the dining room window.

The real counter is 4515

No comments: