Friday, March 9, 2007

Panic Day

"It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding." Kahil Gibran

When I put together my art calendar for the year I always try and find all the holidays I can to liven up the pages. I found several sites that would give me the wacky holidays and today is "Panic Day." The illustration on my calendar is a cat going gonzo which is appropriate since Merlin panics over the slightest little thing. He is 15 1/2 pounds of pure cowardice. Pixie on the other hand is 8 pounds of fearlessness, nothing scares her.

I received a nice email the other day from a friend asking me to join a moderated newsgroup talking about one of my favorite shows. He especially wants me to be sure and continue to show my art work. I took a quick look at the place and the moderators are people whom I respect so I will go ahead and join in.

I am planning on a quiet weekend. I have been battling a massive headache for the last couple of days partly because of all the stress at work. If it is stays on the warm side I'll try and get out walking and take my camera with me. Now that I have an accurate pedometer I can plan my walk program as my major exercise. It is the one form of exercise that I really enjoy.

I was amused at the news today with Newt Gingrich trying to justify having an affair while prosecuting Bill Clinton for having an affair. I really think double speak was done much better in George Orwell's 1984. Is it any wonder that their are very few politicians that I really like?

The picture is called Birth of a Galaxy because the explosion is sort of how my head feels.

The real counter is 4564

No comments: