Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring Has Sprung A Leak

Achoo! Yes Spring is here and the pollen count is rising. Even the cats are sneezing. Pixie scared herself the first time she sneezed. I love Spring and the profusion of flowers after a cold icy winter. It is the time of year that the antihistamine makers do seem to get a big chunk of change from me however.

The problem with Spring in the Midwest is that it is the start of thunderstorm and tornado season. I had a relative who asked me how I could stand to live in California with its earthquakes. I told her that they didn't put little maps of the state on my TV screen with "earthquake warning" on it. I'll tell you that bleating sound they use for tornado warnings is enough to drive you nuts. If an earthquake happens it happens I don't have to worry about it.

Hopefully the rain will hold off and I can get outside and take some pictures of the daffodils coming up. They are my favorite flower and I would like to get some picture while I can. Unfortunately we have thunderstorms coming up. How do I know? Merlin is freaking out and very vocal. He hates thunderstorms and 12 hours before it hits he starts whining and complaining. Who needs the Weather Channel when you have the Weather Cat.

So here's to Spring allergies an all. It is wonderful to see it finally come. The picture is called Guardian of Spring and of course it is raining just as it is now thunder and all. Sigh.

The real counter is 4682

No comments: