Sunday, March 4, 2007

Stop and Smell the Roses

I'm planning on a quiet day. Mother is still sick so I'm keeping an eye on her. Pixie still has her kitty cold so I'm keeping an eye on her. I woke up with another sinus infection so I just dumped medicine down me. I can't afford to be sick again.

I am planning on working on some art today and maybe on trying to format the short stories into a cohesive whole so that I can try and find a publisher. Other then that the ironing for the week and that is all that 'has' to be done.

It is kind of a blah day. We got a dusting of snow yesterday that may or may not melt. The weather hasn't decided what it really wants to do. Personally I don't feel like doing much of anything. That's all right though I don't have to accomplish something every waking moment.

Sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves. We have been brought up with the Puritan work ethic that we must be doing and accomplishing every waking moment. This leaves precious little time for a person to just relax and enjoy life a bit. How can you see beauty if you are so busy doing other stuff that you don't have time to look?

Sometimes I feel like the Energizer Bunny as I keep going and going. There are times when I have to make a conscious effort to stop and smell the roses. Sometimes we just have to give ourselves permission to goof off for a bit. So today I've given myself permission to goof off. After all if Pixie can play so can I.

The real counter is 4520

No comments: