Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rumaging Through the Past

Currently I'm of a Guardian kick with my art expanding the dragon series of pictures. When I originally started it I thought I had covered every topic I could think of only to have 9 new ideas pop up last week. I wanted to incorporate some of the fantastic meshes that other artists have put out there as free domain for artists to use. Thanks to all of those generous souls who like to share their works with us to enrich our own artistic endeavors.

In my dreams early this morning my Dad was alive. I often dream of him as still alive. It got me thinking about the past and how it shapes our lives. I certainly would be a different person if I had different parents, or if I were born in a different country, or had different religious or political persuasions, etc. What we are today definitely depends on what we went through in the past.

I have always been fascinated by history and how it shapes the world I live in today. I think the purpose of history is for us to examine and learn from it so that we don't make the same mistakes over and over again. Unfortunately mankind doesn't always learn from the past and continues to make the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

My past has certainly shaped me. I know the bad marriage has made me less trusting. I certainly would not fall for the lies my ex told me a second time if told by someone else. I am open to a new relationship but it will be on my terms this time. This time I will make sure that it is right for both of us and that we both have a chance for true happiness.

As I make this journey called life I have been through the past and am now in the later part of the middle and reaching towards the future and the end. It has been a strange ride but a rewarding one.

The picture is called Guardian of the Past.

The real counter is 4668.

No comments: